a

“Pasensiya na po kayo. I personally apologize.” Vice Ganda Finally Apologizes On-Air, Tony Calvento “Moves On”

Aug 17, 2017 | ABS CBN, Challenge, Controversy, Viral

  • Almost a week after the controversial episode, Vice Ganda finally apologizes to Tony Calvento on-air.
  • The veteran journalist was offended with the host’s quips, demanding an apology after threatening to sue Vice and the noontime show.
  • Although Calvento gave a Wednesday deadline, Vice only arrived from Korea this Thursday, August 17th.

After almost a week, Vice Ganda finally apologized to Tony Calvento on-air.

On the Thursday episode of It’s Showtime, August 17th, Vice personally said his regrets over the comedian’s offensive quip about the veteran journalist. Previously, the comedian TV host compared on “Tawag ng Tanghalan” (TNT) finalist to Calvento, which the latter found foul.

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

The TV host began with, “I just would like to personally apologize nga pala.”

“Kasi last time, I wasn’t able to personally say my apologies to Mr. Tony Calvento, who got offended when his name was dragged during the discussion noong nakaraang lingo.”

“Pasensiya na po kayo. I personally apologize,” Vice added.

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

The day after Calvento raised a ruckus, Vice was on his way to a concert in Korea. He was supposed to be back in the country yesterday, Wednesday.

“Pasensiya na kayo naantala dahil ako’y nasa Korea.”

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

According to the TV show host, he immediately called up Calvento and said sorry after learning that the journalist was insulted and would file cases against him and the show.

“Gayunpaman nakausap ko naman siya.”

“Tumawag ako sa kanya’t nag-apologize na rin ako personally.”

“At ito, gusto ko pa ring gawin. Pasensiya na po. I apologize,” said Vice during the show’s televised airing.

via instagram.com/praybeytbenjamin

 

Calvento accepted the profuse apology by posting a status on his Facebook page that read: “VICE’S PERSONAL APOLOGY ACCEPTED. ALL IS WELL. LET’S MOVE ON VICE.”

The journalist attached a photo of Vice Ganda in his post.

via facebook.com account: Tony Calvento

 

During the controversial segment of TNT, Vice gave this sage advice to Saga after he admitted uploading singing videos online without showing his face. He was scared of being criticized for his face.

“That is a gift… your face. Kahit gaano kalaki ‘yan, kahit kamukha mo si Tony Calvento, mukha mo ‘yan kaya dapat proud ka.”

via facebook.com account: Tony Calvento

 

via facebook.com account: Tony Calvento

 

via facebook.com account: Tony Calvento

 

via facebook.com account: Tony Calvento

 

The day after said incident, Billy Crawford, one of the show’s hosts, read Vice’s written apology, which went:

“Ang tanging intensyon ko ay magbigay-payo sa aming contestant na magtiwala sa sarili at sa kanyang kakayahan. Again, my sincerest apologies to Tony Calvento.”

“Malaki po ang respeto ko sa inyo bilang isang journalist, kaibigan, at kapamilya.”

What do you think of Vice Ganda’s apology? If you were Tony Calvento, will you also accept it? Share your comments below!

Source :
https://www.tnp.ph/2017/08/17/vice-ganda-public-apology-tony-calvento/


Post Views : 4




SAFE ADS

Sponsor Hosting

our current visitors

visitor’s location

Additional Income

Propellerads
'