Duterte names 14 new appointees
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed 14 people to new posts, including singer and National Youth Commission chair Aiza Seguerra, who has been named member of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board appeals committee.
Seguerra, whose real name is Cariza Yamson Seguerra, will represent the NYC at the committee. The NYC chair was appointed to the MTRCB last June 14.
Also appointed was Leopoldo Roberto Valderosa Jr., who has been designated commissioner of the Civil Service Commission. Valderosa’s term will expire in February 2020.
Other appointees were:
- Former Navy chief Ferdinand Golez, who has been named board member of the Bases and Conversion and Development Authority
- Arnold Colama, board member of the Philippine Crop Insurance Corp.
- Melchior Acosta Jr., board member of the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System
- Jesus Guevara II, chairman of the board of directors of the Philippine Veterans Investment Development Corp. – Industrial Authority
- Maria Victoria Sarmiento, state solicitor II of the Office of the Solicitor General
- Philip Rodriguez, member of the MTRCB appeals committee
- Marcos Dacanay, Director III of the Environment department
- Claudio Ybañez, Director III of the Agrarian Reform department
- Rodolfo Tancinco Tuazon, board member of the Development Bank of the Philippines Leasing Corp.
- Teresita Deliu, Director III of the Presidential Museum and Library
- Roldan Gorgonio, Agriculture assistant secretary
- Rufino Ibay, Jr., board member of the John Hay Management Corp.